Specifications of scope of work
- Disassembly of motor in workshop.
- Cleaning of all components with high-pressure water cleaner.
- Collection of winding data.
- Immersion of motor in chemical tank to soften the varnish.
- Removal of burnt stator/rotor coils.
- Cleaning and anti-rust treatment of stator/rotor.
- Insulation of stator/rotor coil slots using class H nomex paper.
- Insertion of new coils into stator/rotor slots.
- Immersion of completed of stator/rotor into class H varnish until all cavities between coils and lamination are filled with varnish.
- Oven baking in an electrical controlled oven with gradual and controlled temperature rise up to minimum 120° degrees centigrade for a duration of 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove excess varnish from stator/rotor laminations.
- Dynamic balancing machine to balance rotating elements for quiet vibration free operation.
- Skimming and mica undercutting of commutator and skimming of slipring where necessary.
- Refitting of new bearings and assembly of motor.
- Standard no load testing.
- Spray painting.